Visual UIAVerify cannot compile+ run from VS 2008

May 24, 2011 at 7:18 AM

winXP

I downloaded the UI verify

and tried to run it from VS 2008 but got an error compile :

the type initializer for system.window.automation.automationelement threw an exception

how I can resolve this problem ?

when I run directly from VisualUIAVerify.exe

got same error as above

any help will be appreciated

rgrds

lazar

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I also have this problem running visualUIAVerify.exe from the folder directly from my flash drive on a 64 bit XP install.

The system is up to date and has updated to .Net 4.0

I tried to start it up with the /noclientsideprovider in case that would help, but still couldn't get it to run on that machine.

Anyone have alternatives I could try to get it to run?

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Getting the same error on Windows XP SP3 with all updates.

Tried with /noclientsideprovider and got same error.

Please, help!

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM

From what I can tell, looking at the Visual UIA Verify (2.0) source code, it was compiled with .Net 3.5, so perhaps check that you have installed .Net 3.5 Framework installed on your host machine. We had a couple of XP and 2003 machines here that wouldn't run the tool, but after doing a Windows Update and ensuring that .Net 3.5 was installed, it resolved the issue.

I haven't spent time trying to confirm the specific package, as for the machines we were having trouble with, I ended up just pulling all critical Windows Updates. I had tried doing it step by step to see if I could find which one, but after messing with .Net 4.0, and .Net 2.0 frameworks, and a variety of VC++ runtimes, I ended up giving up, and just pulling all updates. Didn't have the time to trace the specific dependency.