We are excited to release the new version "UIAVerify 2.0" which is based on COM API for UI Automation.
This version uses UIA COM-to-.NET wrapper
to invoke the UIA COM APIs.
Known Issues that can cause test failures in the UIA Verify 2.0 release
There are few UIA MSAA proxy 'by-design' changes that might trigger failures in few test cases. These issues affect only win32 common controls. Unwanted failures can be suppressed using 'FilterFiles' (Menu: Tests->Filter Known Problems)
1. UIA elements that represent menu items do not have the Accelerator key property in native UIA.
2. 'CanSelectMultiple' property of SelectionPattern is false for Multi Select list box controls.
3. SetFocus doesn't return InvalidOperation error when 'IsKeyboardFocusable' property is false.
4. The 'Name' property of the Spinner controls is always ‘null’ in native UIA.
5. 'LabeledBy' property is not found on few of the controls (Combo Box, Tree View, Tab, Progress Bar controls etc).
6. Group controls support ExpandCollapse pattern but the expand collapse pattern events are not fired.
7. Managed UIA support toggle pattern on menu items which might be missing in native UIA.
8. List control is not tied to the parent Combo Box unless the list control is expanded. Hence unexpanded Combo Box will not expose Selection pattern.
To start, unzip the file and run VisualUIAVerify.exe. Please refer to the document on 'How to use UIA Verify'
to investigate errors, suppress failures using filter files , and create automated test cases for regression testing.
~The UIAutomation Team